Kinoma is delighted to welcome its newest interns to the team for the summer of 2015! We have five new Makers in Residence and one new marketing communications intern joining us.
Makers in Residence
Our five Makers in Residence are working with our expert engineers and designers making public projects, writing open source code, and extending publicity and outreach. They are building projects with Kinoma Create and KinomaJS.
- Alice joins us from UC Berkeley’s Mechanical Engineering Department, where she is a new senior. She has a background in mechanical design, robotics, and engineering outreach.
- Tanisha comes from UC Berkeley’s Computer Science Department with a background in programming, product management, and design.
- Alex is an Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences student at UC Berkeley with a background in user experience and software development.
- Alistair comes to us from Stanford University, where he studies Product Design Engineering and Computer Science. He has experience with product design, business, and consumer outreach.
- John is a Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science student at Stanford University with a background in content creation, manufacturing, and graphic design.
Marketing Communications Intern
Our Marketing Communications intern is working closely with our creative and marketing communications directors, assisting with and contributing to media relations, social media, event planning and speaker proposals. Lindsay will own a part of our marketing puzzle, helping to establish a message, identify target markets, and define tactics for outreach efforts and messaging.
- Lindsay is an incoming senior at UC Berkeley studying Media Studies and Rhetoric with a background in digital marketing, sales, and sales management.
The summer intern selection process was rigorous, and we received many applications from all over the world. We are very excited to have these bright, ambitious students on our team for the summer. We cannot wait to see what they accomplish!